ENGAGE HR™ takes a unique approach to designing, developing, and implementing effective gender Neutral Job Evaluation Systems for clients. Our solutions range from our standard and developed Job Evaluation System to completely customized approaches.
The process of job evaluation contains several phases of work to ensure knowledge is transferred to clients with respect to program application and maintenance. There are several evaluation or rating options available for consideration, each with its own merits in terms of efficiency, resource requirements and objectivity.
There are several characteristics that are key for the successful implementation of a job evaluation tool such as:
- It must be capable of measuring all jobs in the organization equitably and consistently
- It needs to support the organization’s or employee group’s job requirements
- It must address four required elements of skill, effort, responsibility, working conditions and be gender-neutral for pay equity purposes
We believe there is a wide range of job evaluation tools and approaches available to choose from to meet an organization’s needs. Often the selection of the most appropriate tools and approaches will depend on the following:
- The link of the project to the organization’s compensation philosophy
- The degree of consultation required
- The experience level of those involved in designing Job Evaluation Model and Tools
- Those responsible for evaluating the Jobs
We work with clients to discuss in detail the merits of each of the following job evaluation rating methodologies in order to select the most appropriate option:
- Job Evaluation Committee
- Job Evaluation Rating Team and Consultant
Our Consultants will collaborate with you to develop job evaluation tools which reflect the intricacies of your organization, and ensure that all processes comply with any possible Pay Equity Legislation.
We work closely with our clients in developing job evaluation plans including factors, sub-factors, grade levels, rating notes and job analysis questionnaires.
Contact us to discuss your organization’s needs.